|Changes are expected to be complete within 21 months from January 2006, but there will be a minimum of 12 months warning to introduce these.
- New Emergency First Aid course (EFA) would be 6 hrs duration
- New First Aid at Work (FAW) would be 18 hrs duration.
- In each case there would be a 3hr re-qualification course (BLS 1) after 1 year
- There would be a further 3hr re-qualification course (BLS 2) after the second year
- For the EFA course there would be a 6 hr re-qualification course in the 3rd year
- For the FAW course there would be a 12 hr re-qualification course in the 3rd year.
- Certificates would be valid for 1year.